Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Overcome with nostalgia and incomprehensible, incoherent thoughts again

9/7/2016 update: I think I started romanticizing the past around this time, thinking that I could find a better sense of my own capabilities and self there.


2/6/2013

redkinoko, aka Jet, I enjoyed your stories on the Philippine Ragnaboards and on RO Empire.

Mikey, I enjoyed your fanfiction "The One Who Waits". I wish you were able to finish it. I often find myself remembering the phrase "The One Who Waits" to this day.

I'm tracking down my old viewing habits. I visited "Goodbye Fenrir", a tribute to a pRO server I loved playing in very much, almost more (if not certainly more) than Thor/Valhalla. There, I was reminded of a guild named Team Effects, a guild which hung out in one corner of Prontera's market intersections. Their emblem appealed to me in a strange way. So did the name of this one guild's named Hildegarde, or whatever that was. I cheered that guild on simply because I had an arbitrary attachment to their name.

I remember a particular person named Jherskie who had a blog, had something to do with the Fanfiction section of Ragnaboards, and had talked about considering the possibility of getting unevenly tanned because of being subjected to sitting on the window side of bus seats (hao2words?).

I remember my friend from Valhalla, Alan Uy [who played Alen (high priest) and Igle Falco Sirocco (sniper), among others] and our adventures together: we hunted down mini valks for shields (to no avail) in OT2 while Ondoy kept me from leaving the house, he set up a pretty good birthday celebration online for me, which consisted of having a lot of people doing the Kiel Quest with us. We also came up with many strange ideas... but he was  the brains behind most of them, or maybe that chiding one who would criticize some overly-ideal plans I would come up with due to my being stubborn. We tried to exhaust all that the game could offer us; whether it was PvE or PvP did not matter. Atroce was our favorite all-time ezpz baby, so was the valk in OT2, Dracula, Dark Lord, Pharaoh, Nydhoggr, that lion boss in New World, etcetc. the list goes on. Dino, Miggy, Jeth, Dave, JLA, and Asteryo often accompanied us (often to the point that it was terrible necessary for them to be around).

I remember the people from Fenrir's prt_fild08. You guys are the ultimate. Rasakiri is obviously the set of people I remember the most. Iris was great, so was Stig. Migs (Mr. Miguelito "Perverted Dreams"), good guy this guy, tanking newbie at Rockers and Poring Island. Jorel's still around, thankfully (I hope he still remembers the "You call Antipolo a mountain?" skit). Mayren, where art thou Mayren?

DJ (There were often be times when you would feel empty about everything that you'd been gaining at for, especially for the likes of Rica back then, yet I would stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that you REALLY wanted to give up on everything. Wishing you all the best might not do anything but I'll wish anyway. I'm sorry I'm really stubborn and inconsiderate. Never give up, buddy. I'm sorry.)?

Soda/Sodium.Bicarbonate/Rhythm (I remember overhearing some accusations that you scammed or hacked or took something from someone from our group, but I really do not believe you did anything like that. I don't have proof that you didn't do anything, but I'm far more inclined to believe otherwise. That said, if you did do something like that, then what the fuck, man? But it's cool. All's well. Please be well.)?

Pearl/Pearlie? (You were, quite possibly, the most mature 8-year-old I've ever talked to. And, quite possibly too, the youngest Ragnarok player I've ever known and talked to. You're probably even more "mature" than I am now.)

Tammy (I think her last name was Cabais)? We had a bunch of conversations and you would often help out by warping me here and there. I'd often ask you where our other friends or acquaintances were and complain about how lonely it is without everyone else around. You were one of the people who were left after the likes of Iris, Sak, Rica, and everyone else were gone due to playing elsewhere or dealing with real life problems... or just simply falling apart from everyone.

crits r us / crits'r'us or whatever--man, you're awesome. You made prt_fild08 really exciting with the deadbranch fests. Following you on your quests was great too. You might've pissed us off back then, but really, it was a great time running away from the occasional Tirfing here and there.

Aj, you're my friend on Facebook.

Pastillas, I never knew what your name was! You were definitely a huge help here and there, though. You might even've played on dbRO with us eventually, but I don't know.

Rodney is a motherfucker. He has air sex with orange-winged pretty boys and has blue skin.

Gene, I wish you grew a few more inches. Hah! You're our favorite mall-rat, man.

 Xen and Xem were ridiculous, but I don't know who they are anymore. ~eXyLe~ is a pretty neat guy, I remember playing with him on my red-haired acolyte HeaI or l-leaI (or something just as horrible as those two iterations) with this other swordsman friend of ours.

No comments: