Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Today in 5

9/7/2016 update:
After two grueling terms as a philosophy major, I had mixed feelings about where I was in the world. In February I felt like I was left behind by the times. But with help from other people, I was persuaded to think more about how the future might be like and how I could take control of my life.

Enlisting in PILOSOPO made me feel like I had officially belonged to an organization that welcomed me.
Taking up factoring made me feel like I was going to fail mathematics again, but I was getting the knack of it by taking more control and not letting the fear overwhelm me.
Being put in a trance by Doc Raj in a PHILUNC class I sat in made me remember how I can feel in control of my own world.
The differences between synesthesia and vertical thinking were things I got strongly interested in.
I felt a lot more grounded and less proud of myself for pretending that I knew a lot about Parmenides. BJ Perez put a stop to that when he asked me what Parmindes had to say and I couldn't give him the right answer.

 4/9/2013

1. Finally got to enlist in PILOSOPO, AB Philosophy's student organization
2. Took up factoring.
3. Was put into a trance by Doc Raj in his PHILUNC class.
4. I wrote this down in my to-do: synesthesia vs vertical thinking
5. A slap to the face ("Who is Parmenides?")

No comments: